- Back Ground of the Presbyterian Church of Pakistan
American Presbyterian Church (AP) started sending their Missionaries to India in 1834, most of the American Presbyterian Church fell in the Indian region. After the partition in 1947 the part of Church that remained in Pakistan was registered as, Lahore Church Council of the United Church.
- Similarly United Presbyterian Church sent their missionary in 1853, who started their work in Sialkot area and was register as the Synod of the United Presbyterian Church of Pakistan.
- Both these bodies amalgamated on August 25, 1993 and formed a new Church called “THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF PAKISTAN”.
- Different organizations coming to Pakistan:
Other than the two organizations mentioned above the Presbyterian Missionaries who came to Pakistan also worked under the following entities:
- The Sialkot Mission of the United Presbyterian Church in U.S.A.
- The Board of the Foreign Mission of the United Presbyterian Church in U.S.A.
- The American Mission.
- The Women’s General Missionary Society of North America.
- These organizations now fall under the title of the Presbyterian Church U.S.A.
- Partnership Confirmation:
Presbyterian Church USA has confirmed Presbyterian Church of Pakistan as partner Church after the amalgamation of Lahore Church Council and Synod of the United Presbyterian Church of Pakistan.