Gujranawala Theological Education
are the initiator of Theological education in Pakistan.
The Synod of the United Presbyterian Church of North
America established theological seminary in Sialkot in
1877. It was in 1912 that it moved to its present
location in Gujranawala. It has completed its 132 years
successfully and generating trained and well equipped
with sound theological education.
Negotiations were conducted between 1946 an d1953 for
a united theological institution, resulting in the
establishment of a united board of directors in 1954.
The seminary became an registered institution under
societies registration act in 1959.
Nature and Purpose:
Gujranwala Theological Seminary exists to instruct
candidates for Christian ministry in Biblical Studies
and to prepare them for service in the Christian Church
and generally provide training in Christian Character
The constitution provides that teaching of the
seminary is in accordance with scriptural and creedal.